Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Don't want to forget the sweetness!

It certainly has been awhile for me to pop on here and jot down a few random thoughts. But last night Caleb showed such empathy and sweetness that I just don't want to forget, it needs to be written down. It may never happen again. Caleb is a lot of lovely things- but sometimes I wonder if he thinks of others and their feelings. I'm not sure most 3 year old are considering how their actions may affect others, but I know Caleb only thinks of this if he is trying to 1. make you laugh 2. make his cousin/sister/auntie scream. He can be a bit of an antagonist- haven't the faintest idea where he might get this. Anyways....

Last night I had a teary moment while we were relaxing before bed. Felt a little drained and lonely and the tears just fell.

Caleb: Mommy! I see raindrops on you
Me: Oh love, those aren't raindrops- those are tears
Caleb: Its ok, mommy! Let me wipe those up for you.

Then he gently dabbed my face with his tiny thumbs and tried to make me laugh. With a big smile he said, "Mommy is sad. Caleb is happy! Those is opposites!" Yes they are sweet boy. And both are perfectly normal ways to feel. I love you so much and thank you for the empathy you shared last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment