Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wishful Wednesday... I'm playin, again!


Well, this week Kelsey asked us to pick a character from a fictional novel that we would like to be! This was super hard for me because I LOVE to read and but typically go with historical fiction. Recently I read Sarah's Keys, which is about the holocaust and events in France, so clearly "Sarah" was out. But here's what I came up with...

1. On the one hand I would love to be Anne Boleyn from The Other Boleyn Girl because I think that it is such a fascinating time in history, and Henry was clearly a character, who would have been BEYOND interesting to know. But on the other hand, she lost her head and thats not too fantastic at all.
2. Nefertiti from Nefertiti. Her and her husband did all sort of wacky stuff in Egypt. They tried to change the religion, moved the capital, ignored their counsel.... crazy! And the royalty in Egypt wore all sorts of fun makeup and clothes and had "body servants" to get them ready, who knew? She also ended up as a Pharaoh!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't keep up with all of your books you are reading and have read!! Ohhhh historical fiction, I wish we were friends and I could keep my attention span on it ..... maybe I will get better! hah!

    xoxo -- MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete